Tuesday, January 17, 2006

job search blues

I got my first request for an interview today. It's for a position with a free local arts and entertainment magazine (kinda like the Georgia Straight, but with less annoying ads). I went from being super-excited to super-depressed really quickly. Why? Because the offer is for a 3-month full-time internship: unpaid. While i'm sure it would've been fun and great experience, it doesn't really solve my problem of not having any money.

I can't decide if it's more alienating to be exploited for your labour or to be a lumpen.

In other news, it appears i'm gonna have my first opportunity to vote ever in my life. All signs are pointing towards an election, although a date hasn't been announced yet. Am kinda looking forward to it actually. I mean, theoretically i know how pointless it is, but i'm curious about the process and i think it could be a little cathartic as well. It'll be interesting social investigation i'm sure.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I can't decide if it's more alienating to be exploited for your labour or to be a lumpen."

Your not lumpen, but they are both 100% alienating :)

Didn't you know it was an inturnship when you applied?

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home