Friday, January 20, 2006

the slogging finally begins to pay off

I have 2 job interviews on Monday!
One is for a receptionist and the other is for a writer and editorial assistant at a mothering magazine. Am really nervous about them, but glad too. I've been sending tons of job applications every day and it's getting tiring lying to people about great i am.

I think my mother is disappointed in me that after she's invested so much (financially and psychologically) in sending me to university, i still can't get a 'good job'.

Last night we had some really good South Indian food for dinner. I had a Cheese Dhaniya Thosa. (translation: dhaniya means coriander, thosa is a south indian bread that is kinda like a crepe) It was really really good. I even brought my parents' digital camera with me to take a picture of my food so i could post it on here, but i was so distracted by the thosa that i completely forgot about the picture until we'd finished dinner.

Anyway, i think my uncle and aunt who live in Malaysia are coming down this weekend to visit with their 1-year-old. So i get to play with a baby all weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, you are great! So, I hope that others at these interviews realize this and that your mother sees this too! Good luck--it sounds like you will get a job soon, and hopefully it is something that you will enjoy! The food you describe sounds wonderful--makes my mouth water... send some over this way. Although I did just have 3 organic yellow corn tortillas with melted cheese, chipotle peppers and chipotle-soaked vinegar, with black beans and mushrooms, so I am doing well. Let us know how the interviews go.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,

the mela crew misses you. come back soon.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home