Monday, May 15, 2006

mmm...

The elections are over, and I am too pissed off and irritated at all that’s happened to do a meaningful postmortem (but if you want something to chew on try Dansong or Yawning Bread). So I guess I can go back to blogging about more important things.

Like chocolate-coated sunflower seeds.


Much more important.



Once upon a time, I had time to kill in my lunch hour, so I decided to wander aimlessly down the supermarket aisles for about 15 minutes. As I rounded the bend between soft cushy-looking diapers that made me feel guilty for not immediately wanting to have kids and cans of soup that reaffirmed once again that I never want to go back to my first year of university, something caught my eye. Small brightly-coloured packets sparkled enticingly as the light reflected off them. I bent down for a closer look, and there they were, chocolate-coated sunflower seeds. But ofcourse, I thought. Why hadn’t I thought of that before? I hurriedly paid for my booty and ripped the packet open even before I was out the supermarket doors. Inside were dozens of tiny pebble-like tear drops, each a different colour. When I popped the first few in my mouth, I tingled with delight – crunchy seed surrounded by chocolaty goodness. Yum Yum. I think I’ll be 70 cents poorer again tomorrow…

6 Comments:

Blogger been said...

oh, chocolate-coated sunflower seeds are WAY more important than elections. shamefully enough, i even googled to find out where i can get them in toronto. they seem to be hard to come by. oprah describes them as "more sophisticated than M&Ms" or something.

6:43 AM  
Blogger burgers and durians said...

Hehe, you are hilarious. Now i know what to give you for your birthday! (When is your birthday, by the way?)

8:50 AM  
Blogger been said...

it's 9/27. when's yours? :)

the only place i can so far find that sells them is this really chi-chi furniture store (?) in rosedale (which is a wealthy 'old money' neighbourhood in toronto). and they cost $8.95 for 4oz! at this rate it might just be cheaper to fly to singapore...

3:50 AM  
Blogger burgers and durians said...

mine's 5/27, but don't tell anyone cos i hate my b'day...it just always gets me in that 'i wanna crawl under a rock and not come out for 24 hours' kinda mood.

more importantly, that scenario is just so screwy. rosedale + furniture store + chocolate + sunflower seeds = wtf?! they're probably premium sunflower seeds individually shelled by the lowest-waged workers they could find or something. email me your address...i'll mail you some. i swear, it's seriously only 70cents for a small packet (aka one serving of after-lunch goodness).

10:56 PM  
Blogger been said...

but now your bday is posted on your blog ;)! but don't worry, i won't tell anyone...

hehe that would be great if you wanted to mail me some! we should do a candy exchange. any toronto/canada specific candy you've been craving?? i'll email.

10:54 PM  
Blogger burgers and durians said...

oh yeah shit. sometimes i forget how 'public' the internet is.

a candy exchange is a brilliant idea. gum would be the no-brainer choice, but actually what i really miss is coffee crisp, although that's kinda heavy and would jack up your postage cost. hmm...having trouble remembering other candy that i miss...will think about it and let you know.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home