Saturday, January 28, 2006

sicky-poo

I am sick with flu. Again.

I really don't know what it's been in the last 4 years that has made me become so sickly. It seems like i have a cold or flu at least once a month or so nowadays. I drink lots of water, try to eat a respectable amount of fruits and vegetables, and have started washing my hands more often. Maybe it's lack of exercise. My new plan is to start exercising again after i get better.

By the way, Memoirs of a Geisha was a pretty lame movie: 3 Chinese lead actresses playing Japanese women in struggling Japanese-accented English, cardboard and undeveloped characters, exoticisized Japan (it was all cherry blossoms + silk kimonos + picturesque bridge-over-ponds), oversimplification of geisha's lives, and particularly stock characters for the women (the struggles between the women were portrayed more like cat-fights, women in this movie are once again bearers of long-suffering love, etc.). Such a waste of talent for all the leads, who acted marvellously despite their limited roles. And good violin music from Yo-Yo Ma. But not worth the 8 bucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home